The North Tyneside and Northumberland Digital Roadmap forms part of the areas Strategic Transformation Plan and encompasses six clinical commissioning groups.
Our local roadmap describes a 5-year digital vision, setting out how communities will harness technology to support sustainability and transformation in health.
The Local Digital Roadmap covers the following health and care partners:
- North Tyneside CCG
- Northumberland CCG
- Northumberland County Council
- North Tyneside Council
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Richard Glennie (Chief Information Office Northumberland CCG) says “We can improve patient care by working collaboratively with our NHS partners to deliver seamless care by ensuring”
- Secure real time access to agreed relevant health and social data is available to the practitioner wherever and whenever they are legitimately involved with the service user
- Rapid, efficient and effective transfer of relevant information relating to service users across organisations in the health and social care economy
- Easy electronic access to organisational support materials/resources for professionals (including resources to be able to signpost service users)
- Patients, their families and / or their carers or advocates have access, where appropriate, to their records