People in Berwick and the surrounding area are being reminded to come along to two rescheduled listening events being held to gather people’s views on the possibility of a new integrated hospital development.
NHS Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is working with partners at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Northumberland County Council to consider the possibility of the new hospital in Berwick being part of an integrated development including health, social care and leisure services.
A listening exercise was launched in February with a series of informal drop in sessions at community venues around Berwick to give members of the public the chance to call by for a short time to give their views about the potential new integrated development and about the different sites that are available.
Now the last sessions which had to be postponed due to the adverse weather have been rescheduled and the new dates and further details are available below.
Following the engagement events the CCG will collate the emerging themes and then plans to hold a public meeting after Easter to give the people of Berwick a further opportunity to comment. Further details will be shared when arrangements are finalised.
Details of the rescheduled drop in sessions taking place follow:
- Saturday 24 March, 11am – 12.30pm, Tweedmouth Church Hall, Church Road, Tweedmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2AJ.
- Saturday 24 March, 1.30pm – 3pm United Reformed Church, Main Street, Spittal, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1QY.
Details of this week’s drop in sessions taking place follow:
- Wednesday 14 March, 9am – 4pm, Northumbria Healthcare ‘Join our Journey’ trailer, Berwick Market Place, TD15 1BN
- Thursday 15 March, 10am – 12pm, Northumbria Healthcare Join our Journey Trailer, Belford Market Square, (outside Blue bell), Market Place, Belford, NE70 7NE
- Thursday 15 March, 1pm-3pm, Northumbria Healthcare Join our Journey Trailer, Cheviot Centre, Padgepool Place, Wooler, NE71 6BL
If you would like more information please contact Melody Price 01670 335185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give your views by visiting NHS Northumberland CCG’s website at: www.northumberlandccg.nhs.uk or by following us on twitter @NHSNlandCCG or facebook @northumberlandccg