Closure of Collingwood Medical Group
Collingwood Medical Group in Blyth has taken the difficult decision to terminate its contract and will no longer provide GP services from December 2018.
The CCG has had to make a decision about what to do to ensure patients have access to health care locally.
After careful consideration of all the available options, we have reluctantly decided that the practice will close permanently and will stop delivering GP services on 30 November 2018.
All patients registered at Collingwood Medical Group should have received a letter from the CCG informing them of this decision and to ask them to begin thinking about registering with an alternative practice in the coming months.
Included in this letter was a list of nearby practices that patients can approach and we also provided answers to some frequently asked questions. You can find copies of these documents below:
How can people get further information
- Contact Healthwatch Northumberland on 03332 408 468 (local call rate) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at:
Telephone: Freephone 0800 032 02 02
Write: FREEPOST PALS
Text: 01670 511098
- Email comments to: email@example.com
- Write to: NHS Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group, County Hall, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 2EF
- Leave a reply in the comments box below